The Children’s Ministry Program at The Presbyterian Church of Chestnut Hill seeks to:
- Ensure that all children know they are loved unconditionally by a good and gracious God
- Engage children actively and imaginatively in learning Bible stories
- Help children come to know God as they experience life together in the church community
- Inspire children to live their Christian faith day to day as they reach out to others in love and service
- Encourage children to worship, love, and serve God with joy and thanksgiving in whatever way they are capable
- Teach children to participate in worship through interactive children’s moment lessons and a robust children’s choral music program.
On Sunday mornings, children attend a brief children’s moment on the altar steps led by one of our pastors or children’s ministry leaders. After this, they adjourn down the center aisle to the chapel for a brief call to worship and snack before going to classrooms for Sunday School.
- Children ages 3 to 2nd grade engage in faith formation through Godly Play curriculum.
- Children in grades 3-5 increase their Bible literacy while learning about the richness of our Christian history and faith in a fun, structured setting, using the Memoria Press Christian Studies curriculum.
Following Sunday school, all children ages 3-5th grade are invited to participate Joyful Noise, an instructional choir program. The children sing in worship once per month and can participate in a Christmas pageant. Children will be brought back to their parents at coffee hour at the conclusion of rehearsal.
We offer Vacation Bible School for one week during the summer.